Thursday, September 3, 2009

A little Town Called Weed, Ca

I stopped in Weed, Ca to charge-up and stock-up before the Labor Day weekend. The Deer Mountain Sno-park is a clean, cool, quiet high mountain (5,825’) campsite so I’ll hide there for the weekend. It’s about 20 miles from Weed.

I spent one afternoon in the lounge at the Cedar Lanes bowling alley using their free WiFi. Of the 3 hotspots in Weed that I have found, it is the only reliable one. It is a wonderful little alley on Main St with good food and great people. The hostess Gwen is terrific. I received excellent service and was treated to some interesting Weed history.

Finally 3 large RVs moved out and my WiFi signal is back. Now I can post this.

Until the next post: In honor of our laboring troops, fly your American Flag on Labor Day.

OR_Maverick
Weed, Ca: n 41 25.852 w 122 25.803 3,152 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment